The islandyachtclub Forum
December 12, 2017, 03:41:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IYC 2017  ...........................................................................................   Lets hope this year brings everyone fair weather & great sailing  ...........................................................................................  And a big welcome to Colin & Gary as the clubs new Sailing Secretaries

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RYA Youth RIB Challenge 2010  (Read 4724 times)
AL

View Profile Email
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »

If you don't know already, our cadet Harry Lucas has made it through to the finals of the RYA RIB Challenge this year, following the footsteps of Aaron Lowther. The finals will be held at the Southampton Boat show in September. There may be a coach available from the club, if you wish to go and watch Harry in action. please see notice board for further information. Well done Harry, and get practising!! Wink
AL

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:21 PM »

An update on the RYA Youth RIB Challenge from our Commodore :-

"On Sunday, 12th September a group of us went to the Southampton Boat Show to support Harry Lucas in the RYA Honda National Rib Challenge Final.
In his age group Harry came 9th out of 14. His efforts were an absolute credit to the Island Yacht Club and its Cadets. I know he was very disappointed and probably does not recognise the great accomplishment of getting where he did but it was. It is always great to win but personally I think that giving your all and doing your very best on the day is a great achievement and no one can ask for any more. However, there may have been one or two circumstances that put Harry at a disadvantage. He has only just moved up to the Senior age group (13 to 16) in this event and the guys who got the top 3 places were 16 looking 19 or 20, all close to six foot and one probably shaving more than I do. That reminds me I must watch Guerrillas in the Mist. If he wants and I hope he does, Harry has another 3 years to turn this first disappointment into great satisfaction and I am sure that if he wants to he will achieve his goal.
The whole day was thoroughly enjoyable and for that I would like to thank Sue Lucas for organising the coach and the admission tickets for the Boat Show, all those who went along to support Harry and especially Harry for his great effort and superb attitude throughout. He should be very proud."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: